Good Kids Bop Fellas Good Kids Bop Fellas

I'm not sure why but this thing made my entire week.

Moar. MOAR.

Saved Saved

I suspect you were inspired by the student short Backwater Gospel, as your character design for the priest is eerily similar to that in said short ( I look especially to the facial traits and the visual style here, especially that mouth ). Now correct me if I'm wrong, and if I am, I strongly suggest you go give it a look, it's a rather stunning piece of work, and I think you could very well enjoy it.

As for your short in itself, I'd say the theme of zombification machine is a tried and tired theme, unfortunately. I don't feel this piece exploits its themes as best it could, but it gets the message across, so props for this, it was loud and clear. And as for the message, I'd like to remind that yes, while there are a lot of terrible vocal minorities out there that represent religion, they are only that; A vocal minority. On the other hand, freedom of thought is a basic right, and all-in-all I agree that some unfortunate souls are indoctrinated ( albeit not only through religion ).

Aesthetically speaking, the 2D style was consistent, had a nice little vibe of a storybook. The only part that came off odd to me was the use of a 3D render for certain parts, I think it would've been nicer to stick to full 2D during the whole short. I must say though, that first backdrop showing the outside looks a-ma-zing. Not sure why I like it so much.

I decided to give this piece four stars, but it was close to 3.5 stars, which I felt would've been too harsh. Good job, and I hope you keep honing those skills, you obviously know where you're going with them!

New Year 2013 New Year 2013

Didn't expect that at all. Genius way to recap on all the things you did, props to you man!

The Fat Anime Collab 5 The Fat Anime Collab 5

Guys, it's FatBadger. Are you all /that/ new?

FatBadger responds:

Apparently they are and will lashe out when something different gets front paged. Look at all the whiny reviews.

My Motherfucker My Motherfucker

This was the highlight of my day.

Soupcat responds:

GOOD

VG Cats Animated 5 VG Cats Animated 5

Me gusta.

Well, you said I had to, right?

Anywhore. The voice acting was pretty darn neat. :B

The Northern Incident The Northern Incident

Lol furries.

Furries, you so crazy.

On to the review: This is one of the rare animations that have caught my attention. All the little details, like the french news broadcast on tv, or just the dog's very natural behavior, or the sound of its collar chiming at every movement it makes. Those little details are appealing! I really liked how you captured the dog's attitude and expressions.

Of course the suspense was killing me, but since it's from you, I knew you were up to some kind of joke. ( ...And it's not a bad thing! But I wish I hadn't known you so that I wouldn't have seen it coming. )

I really liked the buildup on this one, and I hope it caught a few watchers unaware. I really liked it, 10 stars no less. I'd add more to the review but I am not going to hide it, I am a lazy arse. =|

In The Dark Trailer In The Dark Trailer

Pretty nice.

I've been keeping an eye on the comics for some time, and in all honesty, I think I'll prefer reading them than watching. It just feels better, since the drawings are complex; for an example, take the giant page where you can see the immense pig demon ' Gluttony '. I don't think it ( the flash ) is going to reproduce the same effects the comic originally had on me...

I really don't know how to explain it better than that, it's just a feeling I get. I'll watch them anyway, but I'll always like the comics better. Good job for both of those pieces of art.

Comick responds:

Thanks! I appreciate you read my comics! :) And I agree that the comics have more story, character development, and visuals. And they are more true to my complex drawing style since the comics are drawn by hand and are thus more legitimate to the way they should really look.... a tablet can only do so well to mimic my hand strokes and the cartoon has less details because you need to redraw them over and over to make movement... Haha yeah drawing something like Gluttony in motion would kill me! XD But thank you very much! The cartoons are short too....so they're like appetizers, while the comic would be like the full main course ;b

We Are Science Probes We Are Science Probes

Clever story

At first I thought ' Eh, another wall-e ripoff. ' But then, when I saw the religion concept getting in, I got interested. I can't believe I almost closed the window over such a cool flash. =|

At the end, when you see the ' logs ' of the robots... Oh my. I never saw it coming. Color me blind.

Doggy Style Doggy Style

Hahaha

THAT must've been very awkward to record.

Rantdog responds:

Actually it was a lot of fun. Until the police came.